Thursday, May 28, 2009

Close your eyes and I will describe the weather and feeling in the air here in Las Vegas. Picture a front porch with people gather and chat whilst drinking some sun iced tea. You have old women fanning themselves with fans, old men comparing the days work, both having a glistening of perspiration on their skin. It is very muggy here, I think of the south when the weather is this way. My thoughts are turned to a trip I took with by best friend at the time to New Orleans. I remember being so excited to go on this new adventure (before I go on thank you Mom and Dad for letting and giving me this opportunity). I walked off the plane in New Orleans and began to wonder what I had done, I could not breath, it felt like I was drowning right there walking through the airport. That very night we went to a softball game for one of the cousins we were visiting and I thought this is crazy, there is more water than air and people live here. I don't think I ever truly was dry that vacation but I had a marvelous time. I don't know how you can visit New Orleans and not have a good time. There is Oak Alley, Bourbon Street, the Street Car and of course Cafe du monde with beignets. I have fond memories of that summer with the good times with a very good friend.

No comments: