Sunday, May 3, 2009

Derby and a Fight

Ready set go...... yes that is what April did and now I find myself in the month of May. We did not have showers but I sure do have flowers in my back yard. I only hope and say a tiny prayer each watering that they will survive through the heat that is coming this week. I do have to go and get some ladybugs for my roses, they will be so spoiled rotten eating all the aphids there. It seems that marigolds do not help keep the aphids away,,,,
Saturday brought two great sporting events. First we had our fancy hats on and our favorite drinks in hand while watching the amazing Kentucky Derby. This year the winner "Mine the bird" came from dead last to the front by many lengths to win the Derby. This horse was brought from New Mexico in a horse trailer by his trainer.
I said to Rain that we need to save our pennies and make the trip in the coming years to the Derby where I can wear a ridiculously large hat and not be stared at.
Saturday night we had a fight party. You say who was fighting? Well it was Pacquiao vs. Hatton. The Filipino vs the Brit. We had BBQ corn and hamburgers, baked beans, ambrosia salad, 7-layer dip, chips, soda,cake,peanuts, and homemade German meatballs. The food was parade of happiness dancing around in our mouth and the guests, well they are the best. It is good to have such wonderful friend to get together with. Well let's say the party was longer than the fight. Round one, Pacquiao had some wonderful hits, then came Round two one left hand hit the the chin and night night to the Brit. Much celebration in the Pioquinto House!!!!!!
What a wonderful weekend, really great weather, tasty food, and good friends.
We are so blessed.

No comments: