We are purchasing a one-story home in Silverstone Ranch. This community is about 6 miles east of where we live now, so we are still in the Northwest part of Las Vegas. We are going to sign some papers on Wednesday an hopefully at that time we will know when closing will be. then the decorating begins. I REALLY want to tear out the carpet in the living room and put down flooring, it is just so much easier to clean and keep clean here in the desert. So we will see what happens. We are trying to decide on paint as well, the whole house is this dark oatmeal color. It needs a good wash and might be ok, but I have just got to get some color to help make it our home. 
Here is a great view of the front of the house. As you can see all that is in front is garage. If you walk to the right of the garage and around you will get to our front door. I want to change the color to something other than drab green.
This picture is kind of dark but here is the kitchen and living room.
We will need to buy a fridge and washer& dryer, good thing Lowes is having a wonderful sale. The Kitchen and Living room are all in one big area so good room for a party or a family visit(hint, hint). All the blinds are included, so this will save a bunch of pennies in our pockets, we will use those for ceiling fans for each room, amazing what a simple invention can do to move the air around here in the hot weather.
I am getting excited to make this house our home, some place where I can put a nail in the wall and be ok with it. The best part of all is the money we are paying each month is going towards our home and not some company.
So the thing I am grateful for this week is finally being able to say we have a home!!!!!
6 comments:
woot woot woot! hopefully we can visit soon. Maybe help out with some of the projects if it is needed.
I second beth with the woot woot woot. We are so excited for you guys. We will be planning a trip to come and see your house!
How exciting! I am so happy for you two! The house is darling, can't wait for the renovation pictures!
Saw you through Ben & McKenzie's blog. CONGRATULATIONS on the house! How exciting and fun! It is a way cute house!!
I am soooo happy for you guys. There is nothing like having your own home. I know you will make it darling and your own.
Oh how fun. A new home. I am so happy for you two. We will have to come down some time. Some time soon if it doesn't warm up here soon.
Post a Comment