Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday, One lesson down for my primary class. We discussed the Word of Wisdom today. I love it when the lesson and the kids brains click together and they are learning and thinking and gaining a testimony. We spoke of all the good things in the world that God gave us to eat to nourish our bodies. We spoke of those good things that if missed used can become bad for our bodies ie: barley turned to beer and grapes fermented into wine. We read in the scriptures that if we will use the gifts of grain, fruits, vegetables, beasts of the field, fowl of the air for the good of our bodies we will have health in our navels and marrow in our bones. I asked the kids why would we need marrow in our bones, and they knew that we need blood and that is where we can get healthy blood, and we can have healthy marrow for transplants. I learned that the kids are smart, that they have growing testimony and have parents who teach them truth.

I have my parents in town this weekend. Rain and my Dad hit the golf course yesterday while my Mom and I hit the shopping circuit. I had a list and have to say we did wonderful. I needed a skirt or dress for this party we have on Tuesday night, I really don't like shopping for clothing, but we stopped at Catherine's and I found two skirts and a shirt all for a total of $50.00 I was happy 10 minutes gone and one item on the list down. We then headed to Cost Plus World Market. I was in search for Adirondack Chairs. You see they have them on sale for $60.00 each and the ad said only while supplies last no rain checks. I pulled up and there they were in multi colors. So we have one lime green and one chocolate brown Adirondack chair and one green table. Our back porch is coming along very well. We then went to the grocery store, why why do I go the the grocery store on Saturday. I know better. It is like a demolition derby or sorts (oh need to ask Beth about the real derby) with the dodging and smashing of cars in aisles crowded with people. It only took 20 minutes in and out. Mom and I came home and had some lunch, put together the chairs and started the chicken marinade for dinner. It was a wonderful Saturday. Oh, I do have to suggest to anyone who has not seen the movie Slumdog Millionaire take a chance it is wonderful, even Mom and Dad enjoyed the movie. I hope to all a wonderful weekend and a great week ahead. It should only be in the low 100's here.
Happy Days!!!!!!!

No comments: