This last week Rainier's parents came to town for a visit. There was a visit to DJ's for some "soul food" as Rainier put it. We ate boiled peanuts, lumpia, and poncit to our hearts content. Family came over on Friday night for some wonderful dinner and great conversation. Saturday morning we left dog early in the morning for Los Angles were we met up with Paul (who is Rainier's cousin) and to our surprise Almonte showed up for lunch. More laughter and much conversation. I wish I could tell you what was said but my Tagalon is suffering. That afternoon we dropped the tired parents at the Westin while Rain and I went to the "Alley". The "Alley" is best described as shopping in Mexico. First what do you want they have it. We came out with two purses, one bottle of Colon, and eyeshadow. I was instructed by a co-worker to grab a hot dog, honestly I thought whatever. But let me tell you these were the best hot dogs ever. So if you are headed to the "Alley" make sure you pick up a hot dog. That night we spent time just hanging out at the hotel watching baseball drinking our sodas eating goldfish. Sunday morning we were up and out of the hotel by 8am to drive to Fontana where we visited with more cousins, again a bunch of laughter and speaking in Talgog, however they did translate for me. We went to church and lunch with the cousins then hit the road for home. Finally at 6pm we rolled into our drive way tired and ready to be out of the car. A wonderful weekend and I was most delighted to meet more family and to put names and faces together.
I took Rainier's parents to the airport early this morning, they are headed to Reno to visit with Lisa, Vic, and Keanu this next week. I hope they have a wonderful time there as well. We really are lucky to have family close enough to come visit and that they like to visit.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment