One of my least favorite questions is what kind of music do you like?
I was talking with my Dad about this last time he was here and was frustrated. I get very uptight when others tell me that show tunes are lame, that country music should be banned and any one who enjoys easy listening is weird. I love it all.
You see I grew up with the best concerts in the world happening in my very own living room. We would listen to the Pink Panther song, the troll song, the happiness song, disco duck, the hippo is going down the drain song and who could forget the Devil went down to Georgia. I have a great appreciation for most music in all forms. I can appreciated the finest Opera, the fun Musical, and of course the angry girl music while driving down the road. I do have a disclamier: The thing I can't stand is music that degrades a person,group, type of people or can only use profanity. I find is low and really not to very creative. I would love to gather these artists and ask them to try using words that don't offend or cause one to cringe.
I believe we need all types to make the day go by, I just could not get going right now in the morings with out some Sugarland, and I really love listening to Deliah at night with her love songs.
Music what a wonderful gift to have in our lives.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment