As I bravely awoke this moring to another cold moring, I wrapped my blanked around my self and reached for my scriptures and they are soft and worn. They are the scriptures that my parents gave to me for Seminary Gradudation. They are the scriptures that traveled all over Japan trying to speak a language and teach the Gospel to anyone who was ready toe hear about the Gospel of Jesus Chrits. They are the ones that have spent time on a shelf all alone uponed during my rebellion. As I looked at them I see the wear and tear I see the love I see the furustration of trying to understand the word of God. There are times I think let's retire this copy to the shelf and buy a new copy with bright and unassualted clean white pages just waiting to be read, then I open those loved pages with my notes of learing all through college and all the learing on my Mission and I know these are my Scriptures and I would not trade them in for the newest and brightest. After offering a prayer to help me understand and learn during my scripture study I opened to Jacob 4. As I read the heading " All the prophets worshipped the Father in the name of Christ- Abraham's offering of Isaac was in similitude of God and his Only Begotten -Men should reconcile themselves to God throught the atonement -The Jews shall reject to foundation stone". I thought how wonderful in this season of our Church shortly call a new Prophet and just in times of old it holds true "Prophest worship the Father in the name of Christ. This just reassured to me the truth of the scriptures and the truth of the Church. One verse ok a bunch but this one imparticular struck my mind this moring.Jacob 4:10"Wherefore, brethren, seek not ot counsel the Lord, but to take cousel from his hand. For behold ye yourselves know that he couseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works".
I often find my self in prayer counseling the Lord on what I would like to happen, or laying out to him all the pros and cons of a choice and trying to presuade the Lord that the pros are better and what I truly want and if he would only let me have it how happy I would be. I think back through the years and wonder if the Lord had given me all that I had asked for and wanted would I be where I am today, what experiences and invaluable lessons that I have learned would I have missed(some good some not so good). Would I be who I am today, or just a watered down version. So after my reading I had to pray again for forgiveness and ask for the help to do those things the the Lord knows is best for me and my life. This week I am truly grateful for the Scriptures and the blessing I have to take time and become educated from them and know what the Lord would have me do.
No comments:
Post a Comment