Thursday, January 17, 2008

January 17, 2008

Finally!!!! I found the the 4x6 card I have put my blogging information on. I am new to this and need to have reminder cards for everything computer lately. Well will all the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays in the past things are settling down for Joe and I. We spent Thanksgiving in Albuquerque with his family, it was a quiet day. We had all the wonderful food and fun time spent with each other. Joe and I got up at 3:30am on Friday morning to do the shopping thing.

Ok, we only shopped for one thing a Mixmaster for me. They were on sale at Mervyns, we walked in purchased and went home back to bed. To say the least I love my Mixmaster and it looks so good on my counter.

Christmas was spent with my family in Salt Lake, this year there was snow and everything. I was so excited to finally have a white Christmas. But I think the highlight was watching the kids open gifts on Christmas night, it made me remember the magic and excitement of Christmas.

We are back in Vegas, and it is COLD. Yesterday morning I was leaving and the wind was blowing so hard with the air smelling of the fresh snow in the mountains. The cold was the kind that hurts your eyes. You see we live close to the Mountains and it is cold in the winter time not 20 below or anything but 32-36 is cold with wind. I have read both Beth's and Jen's bloggs and Jen's has is 52 things to be thankful for. Each week to find an new thing or old thing to be thankful for. This has kept my brain busy for a few days. But as I was driving to work yesterday I was really thankful for my Car. I was Sitting a a stoplight listening to "Whoopie" in the mornings, she always makes my day bright, with the heater going a a tank of gas that has lasted so long I am surprised, and the wind whipping the outside of the car making is rock. You see I work about 20 miles from home and I would not like to have to ride a bike or depend on the bus system that seems to only exist in spurts here on these days. The miracle of the car is in about 2 months I am going to trade the switch from heat to cool and my car will gladly abide in this request. I am sooooo thankful for my car.

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

I'm glad you are back! Isn't it funny that 32 degrees feels cold to us now? It used to be no big deal! I too am thankful for my car, I try not to take it for granted.