Monday, April 6, 2009

Look what my Dad brought to me..........Happy Easter Everyone!



I love this Easter time of year for candy epically PEEPS! I get the spring in my step when I enter the grocery store and see the Easter Candy display and I know there on the shelf just waiting are my beloved peeps. I have a love affair with peeps that dates back to my childhood. I awoke on Easter morning where I would cheer with delight for the peeps in my basket. I would relish one of them right then and there still soft and gooey right then and there letting the sugar coating scrape the upside of my mouth. I would save another for after church, you see if you keep a peep out in the air they become this crunch treat on the out side and soft on the inside. Many years later I still get giddy with excitement for a Peep. I still pop one in my mouth to enjoy the whole thing at once. But now I have the restraint to take a whole package bought first thing in the Easter Season, poke holes in it and set on the top shelf to let those peeps get real hard. I love the snap a dried peep makes. Also this helps to stretch out the Peep eating season. I LOVE a good peep!!!!!

No comments: