Sending out a late happy Easter greeting to all abound. Rainier and I spent a very relaxing day at home a very welcome day. I did end up making lamb chops, green beans and rolls for dinner, that was the work of the day. I think I am a bit rebellious of having Easter so early in the year. I am siding with April who is now jipped of having a holiday. But not much I can do about that.
I looked out my living room window this morning and exclaimed to Chuck(our fish) there is pink popcorn popping on the tree. I sang the old primary song all the way to work, it is going to be a good Monday. Spring is here and I am going to enjoy it for the few weeks we have in Vegas. I am looking forward the the warmer days filled with bright blue sky's.
Yesterday, our ward had a unique Sacrament Meeting. Our Bishop challenged all to read the Ensign for March 2008 and then bear Testimony. We had a wonderful Sacrament Meeting.
I did not finish the whole Issue, my failure or maybe my blessing. However one thing did stand out to me.
" The Focus of Our Faith
We know not all that lies ahead of us. We live in a world of uncertainty. For some, there will be great accomplishment. For others, disappointment. For some, much of rejoicing and gladness, good health, and gracious living. For others, perhaps sickness and a measure of sorrow. We do not know. But one thing we do know. Like the Polar Star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith.
In sunshine and in shadow we look to Him, and He is there to assure and smile upon us."
I did weep a bit at this part. How true this statement is, that no matter what the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God is there to strengthen and comfort us. To give us the courage to take that next step and become closer to the day of our salvation.
If you have not read the entire Ensign I do challenge you and your family to do so. The comfort and peace within those pages keep me going one more day to do better and strive to be more or what my Father in Heaven wants of me.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Easter! We also had a low key and relaxing day. I love all the trees in bloom! And I love that song! I bet it was stuck in Chucks head allllll day :]
I havent had the chance to read much of the Ensign this month, but your entry has inspired me to get on the ball. I am glad you had a nice Easter and that you got the chance to focus on the Savior.
After a looooong day of teaching I have just sat here enjoying the family's blogs. Thank you for the wonderful Easter entry. You and Joe are remarkable people. We miss you and look forward to seeing you. Tell Chuck hi from Aunt Karen
Post a Comment