Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Come on already....

You all know the book Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day. Well I had the Kari Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Morning. For those who know me, know that mooring's and I have a very difficult relationship. Mornings love me, I do not love mornings. I have attempted to get a better relationship with mooring's in my life but it always comes back to my great dislike for them. Well this morning my alarm went off and I smashed the snooze button with one fell swoop of my finger. I lay in bed just getting ready to enjoy the next 7 minutes of wake up time before the radio tells me once again get out of bed and get going. Well today my next 7 minutes foretold my morning. I had some wonderful apartment dweller decide to play with the alarm on his car, then start the car and the walls shook to the "boom, boom of the music" not only the walls but my friendly cricket that lives with us fell from the window ledge down to my bed. Ok, I am up and out of bed. Our cricket, well he met his maker. I don't believe in trapping and letting go of bugs, they are only going to get back in. I figure you intrude in my space, you meet your fate. Well I'm up and not happy about it, muttering all the way to the bathroom of missing my 7 minutes of time to just wake up and get read to start the day. On my way to shower I am muttering under my breath all the evil things I could do to this apartment dwellers car. In my muttering I stub my toe on Rainier's dresser, oh this only brings on more muttering and it is getting louder. In the shower I get soap in my eye, pump the conditioner first. Have you ever tried to wash your hair with conditioner wondering why there is no lather. As I get ready I realize I have nothing ironed to wear to work and I refuse to wear wrinkly clothing. So I set up the ironing board and think I turn on the iron. I fed Chuck the fish and told him all about my terrible horrible no good very bad morning. I started breakfast and making lunch for my self, and set the crock pot with dinner. I went back to iron my clothing Yeah, it works much better if you turn it on. So on the iron goes and I head to dry my hair. Well all in all I finished my hair, ironed my clothing and finished cooking got out the door and off to work. As I am driving down Grand Canyon I think I am going to make it, things are not that bad. Well I get with-in 1 mile to work and there is a wreck, so I am 10 minutes late. Ugh.......

3 comments:

Beth said...

alright. So the terrible horrible no good very bad day is off and running! Take a look at my blog for those nasty finger photos

Nathan W said...

I use an alarm that has a nine minute snooze period, I highly reccommend one. Two minutes can be an eternity at 6 am.

Jenifer said...

ca-ca. I hope work was better. It couldn't have been worse! I hate mornings too. I'm kind of a 4 in the afternoon person.